Last night we broadcast and recorded the MadPosh meeting with Google+ On Air. It worked really well actually! Once the Hangout was set to broadcast a public feed was streamed directly to YouTube. The really neat thing was that once the session was over, the hangout was published right to my YouTube channel.
What worked really well:
- Getting a Hang Out up and going was really easy.
- The audio and video quality was far better than what we have experience with services like Lync
- The screen sharing was equally as easy to configure
- Interacting with other members of the hangout was pretty easy
- Screen sharing a single app caused it to flicker. It also didn’t work for a full sized PowerPoint.
- The ability to edit a video before it’s posted to YouTube
- A way to schedule a Hangout so that we can publicize the link before it takes place